Streetmarket is back, bigger, and better than ever. On Saturday, September 14, we’re hosting Streetmarket — a curated market experience by Streetsense. Join us to shop local, eat well, and drink up while championing and supporting local makers. The event is open to the public and will feature a mix of local retailers and restaurants serving up streetfare and streetfun, including a live community mural installation, local creators, and more!
Streetmarket started in 2015 in our Bethesda office as a way for our employees and their friends and family to celebrate and connect with the makers in Streetsense’s network. While still keeping in touch with its roots, this event has outgrown our offices as we open up our celebration to the greater DC community and relocate it to a place near and dear to our hearts. For the first time ever, we’re hosting our market in Blagden Alley, a historic alley in DC’s Shaw neighborhood. Over the years, we’ve had the opportunity to be involved in creating a multifaceted micro-neighborhood in Blagden Alley, shaped by the alley’s rich history and the local community. The unparalleled destination houses our DC office as well as a handful of our bar and restaurant clients — including two of this year’s vendors, Calico and Tiger Fork.
This year’s vendor run-down includes:
– Live community mural installation with artist Marcella Kriebel
– Thoughtfully crafted hummus bowls and pita sandwiches from Little Sesame
– Vintage home furnishings from GoodWood
– Freshly roasted coffee from La Colombe
– An indie selection of books for all ages from Loyalty Books
– Japanese comfort food from UZU
– Grass-fed beef and plant-based hot dogs, and hand-cut fries from Swizzler
– CBD balms and topical treatments from Bee Veda + Toplife
– Hand-crafted blends of teas, spices, herbs, and salts from Shafa Blends
– Botanical-based goods and floral arrangements by She Loves Me
– A playful, modern take on Hong Kong street food by Tiger Fork
– Locally-sourced, hand-crafted vinegar from Keepwell Vinegar
– Candles, room sprays, and other scentsational scents from Frères Branchiaux
– Plants and curated floral arrangements from REWILD
– Easygoing drinks from Calico
– And more!
Attendees will have the opportunity to participate in adding to DC’s flourishing artistic landscape. Local illustrator and muralist, Marcella Kriebel, will be facilitating a community mural installation on the side of Calico — a mural guided by Marcella that participants will have a hand in filling in. Along with the community mural, we’ve created Streetmarket to be family-friendly so family and friends of all ages can enjoy the event.
If this pop-up market in a micro-neighborhood sounds right up your alley, don’t forget to grab your free admission tickets. We’ll see you in Blagden Alley.BACK TO LATEST