Junior Marketing Associate Internship
You don’t bat an eyelash when assigned a last-minute essay in school and you were on TikTok before it was a thing. You have passages memorized from “The Elements of Style,” know more about memes than the next guy or gal and can name five brands that killed it with “Bernie Mittens” memes. Is this you? Read on!
We’re looking for a clever, concise and marketing-minded intern to join the marketing department of our experience-focused strategy and design collective this fall in Washington, D.C. The Junior Marketing Associate will support the marketing team through all their endeavors, including content creation and social media efforts; business development research, creative concepting, brainstorming and copy drafting; editorial calendar development, marketing collateral copywriting, and influencer identification and coordination. The Junior Marketing Associate is an excellent researcher and writer, and has and can articulate opinions on the latest trends in marketing and social media. Most of all, we’re looking for someone with an eager, can-do attitude with a sense of humor through it all!
This is a 3-5 month paid internship compensated on an hourly basis.
Marketing and Business Development
- Participate in campaign and creative brainstorms
- Monitor and report on social media and marketing industry news and trends
- Write a monthly blog post for the agency website
- Conduct trends research and social media audits for new business proposals
- Proofread slide decks and strategy documents
- Assist with development of agency case studies & campaign wrap-up reports, including data collection and analysis
Content and Social Media
- Brainstorm and conceptualize of-the-moment memes and social posts for agency clients (“Daily trending content”)
- Draft social post copy for a variety of platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, Pinterest, Reddit, LinkedIn etc.)
- Assist content producers with paid post “boosting” across social platforms
- Assist content producers with community management scans and social listening across social platforms
- Draft search-optimized website meta descriptions and assist copywriters with website and blog content
- Create social post assets including graphic design, photography, and video (bonus)
Events and PR
- Research and identify social media influencers relevant for specific brands or campaigns
We are looking for candidates who:
- Love to write and can do so quickly, concisely and in large volumes
- Take pride in their work but welcome feedback
- Are capable researchers and gifted writers
- Have and can articulate opinions in the realm of social media and content marketing
- Regularly use Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and TikTok and are familiar with platform posting best practices. Knowledge of Facebook Business Manager a plus!
- Are proactive and take initiative, whether in asking questions, soliciting feedback or making suggestions
- Think two steps ahead and anticipate the next needs of a project
- Are prepared to produce “client ready” work and understand the importance of proofreading and research
- Are impeccable organizers and take ownership over tasks and deadlines
- Capabilities in design, photography, or videography a plus
Requirements + Compensation
- Recent graduates or fourth-year students pursuing a degree in Media Studies, Advertising, Business Administration, Marketing, Journalism, Communications or English
- Keen ability to quickly create large volumes of clever and thoughtful content in a variety of mediums with an emphasis on social media
- Full-time availability (Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.- 6 p.m.)
- Paid hourly compensation
- Professional development opportunities
How to Apply
- To apply, send your cover letter, resume, and portfolio of writing samples and/or example social media content to [email protected].
- Please include the cover letter in the body of your email, not as a separate attachment.